This was delicious! And easy. I doubled the recipe so we had enough left-overs for next day's lunch.
- 1 pounds of ground chicken (or buy boneless skinless chicken thighs and make your own ground chicken)
- 1 egg
- 1 minced garlic cloves
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 diced yellow onion- if time permits I like to sautéed the onions before adding them into the meat mixture
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
Sauce to pour over it:
- Whisk all of this together-
- 3 TBSP almond butter
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Add Himalayan salt to taste
- You can bake the meatballs or cook on the stove top.
- To bake, heat oven to 425. Place foil on cookie sheet and roll about 25 meatballs (I use my cookie dough scooper). Cook for about 18 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
- If cooking on the stove: head coconut oil in pan and cook the meatballs on each side for about 2 minutes- about 8 minutes total).
- Once meatballs are cooked pour the sauce into the pan that the meatballs are cooking in, or add the sauce and meatballs to a pan and heat. Coat meatballs well for 2 minutes. If adding zoodles, toss those in and coat for 1 minute.
- *Don't leave the zoodles heating in the pan too long, they’ll begin releasing water and get soggy. Just leave them long enough to get slightly warm